Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Day 1 - What I Am Grateful For

A good friend of mine told me to write down something I am grateful for. I accepted her challenge and I am going to force myself to be as honest as I possibly can. Some of these thoughts WILL trail off, I am never fully focused on one thing. With everyone complaining about 2020, I only see it as a mere image of self indulgence of myself. It is as bad or as good as I may want it to be. This year was the happiest I have been in a long time. There were some inconveniences and speed bumps, however determination and just moving forward are great motivational tools. I look in the mirror and all I do is get older, but I will always be the oldest kid, a big freakin man child and, I'm okay with that. I have made mistakes, but I have no regrets. I may say too much or not enough. I might not know what's too much or not enough. I may care and careless at the same time. I don't always think things through, and gut decisions are spontaneously made. I listen to Jimmy Eat World, when I should be listening to myself more. I want to be in 10 places at once, but I am only here. I have learned to listen more. I rock! I am a badass mutherfucker! I am a great person!
But for now I am grateful on day 1, that I can still scream and yell at the top of my lungs in a vehenmous roar of ecstasy. The sort of yell that is done alone. Sometimes I just have to belt out a distress of affection, like a booming explosion from the pits of my soul. The kind of yell that has my heart racing and the blood pumping. The yell that brings a spark of life back......Yes the best yells are done underwater. My go to yell-along songs - Dinosaur Pile-Up - Thrash Metal Cassette Best of You - Foo Fighters Where is My Mind - Pixies You've got a Friend/ Country Roads - Me First and the Gimme Gimmes

No comments:

Post a Comment