Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Day 2 - I am Grateful For

I made a list of 10 things that I am grateful for, as for the other 21 days it's a bit of a task. A normal person could belt out 10 random things that they are grateful for, no problem. However the struggle is real when I am just starting out. All I am thinking about is how on earth do I not talk about these 10 things I am grateful for. Should I not keep them for the final 10 days of the year? Should I sprinkle them throughout the month? Should I say something simple I'm grateful for now, like trips to Costco with my grandfather so he can buy a 37lbs bag of mini snickers? Or how I lose it every time Will Farrel's Elf walks to Gimbels for the first time and gets slammed by a taxi? I absolutely laugh my ass off at that scene. Or should I be grateful that I still can not say the word rhinoceros right? My laughter is either hated or it produces a supplementary laughter from others. My good friends call it the "OckOck". If something makes me laugh, there's no stopping me from laughing. It is deeper than a basic chuckle, it's more explosive than a late night at Taco Bell while an atom bomb collides with a hurd of minions hanging out with Roseanne at a Nine Inch Nails concert. I love the feeling of laughter. I enjoy that moment when something is so funny it hurts and I can't breath. And if I piss my pants from laughing my ass off, then I pissed my pants. I laugh at and with animals, I laugh with people and somtimes when people do dumb shit. I laugh when it's uncomfortable. I laugh at myself. I laugh when no one is around. I laugh to socialize. I laugh when I can't chew gum and walk at the same time. I laugh and cry at the same time. Laughter, for me it brings me to a better place. Not all of my laughter is over the top. My particular set of laughter skills has no rules or boundaries. Sometimes when life seems overwhelming, just take time out and laugh. There's also times where two people can talk and make each other laugh without even trying. That's the type of laughter I miss. It could be as simple as sitting on the couch talking about candy canes.
On the this day, I am still grateful for the gift of laughter and the way I laugh.
"If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it." - Andy Rooney. I do this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment