Friday, August 27, 2010

13 Nights of Praying - Night 9?

Night 9 begins with a garden of feelings.

When we pray, do we think to our self, "who do we direct this prayer too"?
I say anyone dead people, persons alive, pets, food, or in some cases cartoon characters. Prays the almighty Blender!
Last night I really wanted to be heard from Curly of the Three Stooges (it was a toss up between him and Bob Ross). I sit for ten seconds to clear the mind. A place of temporary purgatory gives my soul a fresh new feel. I hear nothing, I see nothing , I feel at peace. I have stop using the pray words and instead I thought and thanked everyone who makes me laugh and smile everyday. Curly was the first person to make me laugh. I was 5ish. I would sit up late and record their 20 minute shorts on TBS, most nights. One night a few ants decided to camp out in my left ear after I fell asleep on the living room floor.. I woke up screaming as Curly Nuyk Nuyk Nuyk'd it right up. My dad sat me on the bed, lit a match next to my ear, then blew the match out into my ear. This smoked out the ants. Moments later I was rewinding the VCR tape and watching the Stooges I had slept through.
My feelings, I don't really share with anyone, and I'm fine with that. I will just say that I am a neutral person who loves to laugh.
A few years ago, I took this girl on a date to see the movie ,"Along Came A Spider" or maybe it was "Kiss the Girls". We sat down and started a small chat. I asked her if it was wrong of me, If when an Asian person cries, I sometimes get confused. Because it appears to me they might be laughing. It's a 50/50 shot, but I always go with laughter. Not more than ten minutes into the movie two helpless Asians are in an apartment balling their eyes out. I am an asshole sometimes, but that day I was knighted. Sir Asshole Al.
Weather its fart jokes, dark comedy, a fat kid wearing yellow, a person chewing out someone else, Awesome-o, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, or my grandpa telling his corny jokes I simply love to laugh. Even if it is inappropriate too. For everything/one that makes me laugh or smile I thank you. Thank you Curly for letting me laugh til it hurt.

G'night
The Careless Mind

No comments:

Post a Comment