Wednesday, August 25, 2010

13 Days of Praying - Night 3, 4, 5 ,6 ,7, and 8

Let me just first state this. Blogging requires the Internet. I don't blog well while eating a Big Mac sitting in Ft. Bragg.
I fell off a yellow slide, I drank red wine called "It's Not my Fault", I cranked up Billy Ocean, played a little Polish golf, and fell a few more times injuring myself. All of this, plus more, while visiting in Ft. Bragg. Well dammit, I can heal. It's in the power of praying. That is .....from what I'm told.  Will things seem to subconsciously be better off while we pray? And after how many nights of praying? And what if you forget too pray (like I did on nights 5 and 7)? I believe its a state of meditation. A 10 second pause from the world around you. You don't need to speak or hold your hands together. It doesn't even have to be dark out. I would just take deep breath in and deep breath out. Possibly focus on anything that is/was good that day. Simple, like that.

"God don't Make the Laws" - The Sheila Divine - Hum

Most things we want we pray for. Most of the time its a call of desperation.

"God I hope I get this job," said Jim Bob.
"You say some prayers and the good Lord will listen," Mama Kettlefoot replies.
-Hope-
In many cases its more of a lack of, or wearing a tie to the interview. You dumb fucking kids wearing crooked hats and Orlando Magic jerseys to an interview piss me off. Get a clue.

"Please almighty one, let Larry live," Susan asks ever so peacefully." I promise I will do anything to make him stop smoking."
-Miracles-

Doctors are brilliant and some are even known as Gods. Little miracles workers reading the oven with their hands......oppps wrong Miracle Worker there, my bad. A great doctor will flat out tell you, you will die die a slow painful death from lung cancer, Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or maybe a little high blood pressure from you got it, kidney failure, or get lucky and switch to a tracheotomy, now in reversible bingo dauber form.

"Oh shit, someone hit my cat," some dumby shouts.
-it's a cat-

 Praying for me, so far, is just silly. Have you not seen where we go when we die? In the ground, fried to bits, or staying classy in an urn on the mantle of the fireplace next to Uncle Marty's Moose head. Yep thats me. Ok most people won't get that reference.

And now more word from M.C. Hammer-
     "Living high,living good,living long, (That's word,we pray) Take a minute,bust a prayer, And you're good to go"

Good Night,
The Careless Mind
 
Tomorrow Feelings ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment