Tuesday, July 8, 2014

I Should be Asleep.....#1

I had found a new friend with the night time. The Night Time! We started sharing this bond when I was working in radio some years back. So, I have always stayed up late, sometimes we have a threesome with the Rain. Ha, go figure.  Now that I think of it, what hell have I been doing all these years? Staying up late, well, I should be asleep, but instead I dug out my Nintendo 64.
 The system that proved to everyone that controls could look like the pointy end of a pitch fork. Only to rest ten centimeter away from the lower abdominal region. Every N64 game cartridge was grey with no damn label on the end. This means, if you have a stack of them, you would have go through every game. Conker's Bad Fur Day was one of the last Nintendo 64 games. Basically a squirrel wakes up from a hangover goes on an adventure fighting shit monsters and replenishing his life with bottles of booze. Funny story and clever writing is a far cry from its almost impossible controls.


I flipped through 37 games. I found Super Mario 64, the game known for its terrible awkward camera views and bright yellow stars. The basic object is collect champagne colored star, trah-la-la through the castle, pick up Boswer by his tail spin him in circles so hes to dizzy to speak, unclog the toilet Luigi just plugged, collect more steeeers, and save Princess Peachypants.

     I should be asleep, but I have only collected 79 stars (there could be more) and I need to drop off Luigi at rehab in the Shyguy level. He has overdosed on Toad's psilocybins tea. Maybe tomorrow I will hunt down a Laser Disc player. Because God knows I love to get up half way through a movie and flip the disc!

1 comment:

  1. When I got pneumonia and couldn't do a damn thing, I dug out the 'ol nintendo nes. :)

    ReplyDelete