Sunday, September 24, 2023

My Top 5 - Life Lessons (that I have learned or screwed up)

 I get tired. 

That doesn't mean I stop. As I walk through life I constantly continue to daydream. Sometimes I will just sit and stare. Yes, I may or may not be listening to you, but the fact is I am present. I am here. Why? Fuck if I know that for sure. I can be a tough nut to crack at times. Once in awhile, I will casually think - "Am I stuck in a dream or a nightmare". As time progresses I loose the reality side of life and lean more towards the daydreaming part. I ask for very little, but I sense there is a struggle, a detour in the way. In the end, I am here now. For tomorrow I might not. Love what you can today.


-Life Lessons- 


5. Continue to Write

Exercising the mind is a workout. Take care of the mind, write everyday. Think about how important it is not to skip leg days at the gym. The phone is a great tool, speech to pad is a great way to express your feelings or ideas on the spot. The shower is great place to start and rejuvenate the thought process. I love the rain, it is refreshing, it smells organic, it is just a great time to sit next to an open window. Watch. Listen. Let your mind unwind, meditate and perhaps make a list. A list is a great way to expand the writing tool. The list allows the writer, to write. A list is just an outline to something bigger. A shopping list is just an outline of something bigger. For example: Band Aids, this is on list because ......... What happened? Why? Who used them? The amount of informations gathered from the shopping list, one could write a Story for days. Garlic Powder, what are you going to make? What is it used for?  .......Never stop, or denying to yourself you can not write. In some form, we practice everyday. 


4. Nothing Great Comes Easy

This is a hard ticket to sell to a gorgeous 20 year old who is a millionaire swimming around in money on her bed while posting her latest OF video. Although, by the time she is forty, she might be broke, on the run from the IRS, her baby daddies, her loan shark, her drug dealer and so forth. It maybe a little far fetched, but the simple thing is a plumber will fix your leak, a great plumber will make sure your pipes never leak. With greatness, comes patience wise grasshopper. The amount of patience these days wears thins as we tend to base time to internet speed and car salesmen. If and when two people meet, their values may take time to expose. Is it a good fit for your values and way of life? Yes, taking chances are exciting, but is it fulfilling in the long run? You may wake up one day and get lucky. Good for you!


3. Turn Your Phone Off (at least 1 Hour)

Ok, so just to make it clear, this is while you are still awake. Sleeping does not count. Practice coming home and turning the phone off. Unwind from a long day at work or a day-outing. Reflect from the world in your hand. Let your eyes focus on the surroundings. Take the time to better yourself. Nap. Cook. Clean. Draw. Practice being better to yourself. Go for a drive, I have for many years wanted to just toss my phone out the car window. For me, speaking honestly, my phone makes me overthink about everything. I'm an overthinker to begin with. I find getting lost in writing, a video game and/or even walking in nature makes me for alert and focused. Or take a shot.


2.  Have Fun

You ask any 10 different elder people anywhere and I guarantee the wise ones will say it's a short trip, have fun while it lasts. Enjoyment for ourselves can be difficult, but with a small amount of effort and a great supporting cast, life can be fun. There is a few things to remember,  no one can takeaway a grudge you hold on to. So let that shit go, kick it to the curb. Surround yourself with people who respect you, laugh with you, enjoy their company and if you can see yourself with someone you can run around the house together with NERF guns, you better keep them. Being sad is easy, but sometimes its inevitable, then being bored is sad's long lost relative. Being bored for me is dragging me to church. For some that is what some people look forward to all week, and that is their sort of fun activity. Regardless of what you do in life, just don't forget to have a little fun, we all deserve more than we give ourselves.    


1. Be You     

Stop! 

STOP!

Damn you, I said STOP! Stop wanting to be more like them, and be you. You are fucking important and you can do and say anything you want with no expectations. Be the best version of you. Be proud of yourself and not who you want to look like. Money is not answer to you being you. Self-respect, can I get an Amen? Be a role model for those who need a hand in life. Tell stories and spill the beans. Tell someone how you feel. Sing in your car as loud as you want. Over flow the bathtub. Run in the mud barefoot. Throw your pudding at someone. Pee outside. Live outside the bubble. Poke someones bubble who cant pop their own. Breath. Fart in a full elevator and blame it on someone else. Curse a million words. Fuck. Forgive. Live. Breath again (wait till you're maybe out of the elevator). Stretch. Say I love you. Pet animals. Be kind. Drink. Draw. Flush. Spin in circles. Roll down a hill. Climb a tree. Bake a cake. Try Crack. Maybe not try Crack. Yes lets not do Crack. Look for the Moon. Tell Stories. Feel better. Feel alive. Feel you, being you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment