Thursday, August 9, 2012

And the Distant Scream


I was very excited to go out tonight. We got four tickets for Jack White. It was my buddy, his girlfriend and I. A small side note, after seeing tonight's show, I can easily say Jack White has great story abilities in his song writing. Todays Beatles of story telling, perhaps.

We parked about a mile away (sold out) and all we had to do is walk up 742 flights of stairs, thats all. And that was just to get to the gate. We hand our tickets over -

SCAN - "Sorry no good"

SCAN - "Sorry no good"

SCAN - "No good

SCAN - "Is she with you, and no good"


"You will have to go down the stairs, turn right go down the hill to the box office."
"Why is the box office all the way down there? That's a long walk."
"It's Denver, every ones in shape."
"I didn't know if I should taken that as a complement, then my gut told me start my decent downstairs with my head down low.""Shut up Gut!"


I guess I don't feel guilty for eating hot dog buns and Smarties for dinner again. At the end of the first set of stairs was a cab. Sweet! All four of us pile in.

Cabbie - "That will be five bucks."

BAM - 5

Cabbie - "Each"

All four of us pile out of the cab.

About 40 minutes go by and we are there, where? I dunno, but we are in. And, there were more stairs, awesome! We were in the bottom right and the top far left had open seating. Alright! We haul ass up stairs, everyone buys beers, I drank water, we cruise through the Red Rock Museum, stop, get some shirts, I get more water, and we make our way over.

Full!

So after hours of walking, we stand in the trees. The view was nice if you stood, so I stood. Watching this amazing show. Jack White stood center stage with his band of ladies in white dresses (8 altogether).
The set up was odd and unique, in a rectangle shape. White was almost trapped inside this rectangle of women. I have never really seen a drummer set up by the singer, it was neat. Then it hit me forty minutes in, I drank to much water. Down the stairs I go to the concession stand. I figure there is a bathroom there. I ask the popcorn dude.

"Bathrooms?"

Popcorn Guy - "Ok, so what you want to do is go down a few flight of stairs turn left go down more stairs, turn left and its against the wall."

"*sigh*"

The good thing was I could here the concert still, the bad thing was (no not the stairs) I could hear a little girl (maybe 4 years old) crying too. My first reaction was it's 10pm. Why are there little kids at a loud concert? Oh well hope she ok, still no clue where the scream was coming from. So, back up stairs I go. Im half way to the concessions when I look over the edge. I see two people fighting with their little girl crying. There conversation echoes up the rock. It's a good excuses to rest my feet and look at the view.

Man - "I left to go to the bathroom what happened?"
Woman - "She was walking along side of me on the fence post, she slipped."
Man - "Are you ok sweetie, what hurts?"
Little Girl - "My vagina hurts"

And with that my feet were ready to walk again. I heard "Icky Thump" as I walked back to my standing position under the trees where there was a guy pissing.

Me - "Really?"
Guy - "I'm not hiking up down them stairs"
Me - "Just walk down the fence post."

You still rock Mr.White.

No comments:

Post a Comment